Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

So a few weeks ago I was in Cost-Co and they were giving out samples of this Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce made by Fischer & Wieser. It was really tasty but I passed it up because it was eight or so dollars and did not think I needed it at the time but last week Cost-Co was again giving samples away and I ended up bringing a bottle home. Eight or so dollars is also not too bad for 45 ounces. Cost-Co was just serving the sauce on a cracker with cream cheese. That is really good but I could not wait to put it on meat and other things. I have so far put it on barbequed chicken, turkey sandwiches and from the advice that came on a little recipe pamphlet, made an awesome salad dressing using one part sauce and one part balsamic vinegar.

The recipe pamphlet also said that it was great on pork so I decided to put it on a roasted pork tenderloin. I love pork tenderloin. It is a very healthy cut of pork. It is just about as lean as a skinless chicken breast but can be oh so much more moist and flavorful. Along with the quick couscous it was a very quick yet impressive dinner.

The ingredients for the sauce are basically raspberry jam, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and vinegar. So I think I'm going to try making my own sauce next time. If it turns out well I will probably make a blackberry version this summer when my mom and I make all our jam. I will also be able to control the amount of sugar that goes into to it and it will be a lot cheaper. You could probably make it with a fresh raspberry puree but you would probably want to thicken it with tapioca or some other thickening agent. If you see it at Cost-co however, give it a try it can liven up many dishes.

Ingredients

Serves 3-4

  • 1 1 pound pork tenderloin
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons sea salt
  • pinch of pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup or so Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

2. Rinse the pork tenderloin with water and pat dry. In a small bowl make a dry rub by mixing the herbs, spices, and salt. Rub the pork generously with the rub (you may not need to use all the rub depending on the size of your tenderloin. Just coat generously but you don't want it to be too salty).

3. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork tenderloin to the pan and sear quickly on all sides. Remove from heat and place in a shallow roasting pan in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or so until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 degrees. Remove from oven and let the meat rest 10 minutes before cutting so the juices redistribute. Top the cut tenderloin with the roasted raspberry chipotle sauce and serve.

Recipe from me.

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing kryssie! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page